Location – California , USA
This role is in USA therefore, we will require Canadian Citizens to apply for the position.
As a Release Engineer you will own the build and release process for Multi-device user experiences as part of platforms offering. You will work closely with development, quality, and operations engineers to design, develop, and support our automated continuous delivery build and release pipelines. You will be responsible for ensuring that these fully automated pipelines are efficient, predictable, and repeatable as they build, test, and deploy code commits to thousands of production servers. We are looking for people who thrive in a cross functional team on high profile, critical projects.
- Work with the development, quality, and operations teams to support the day-to-day activities necessary to create and maintain continuous integration build pipelines. This includes adding pipelines for new projects, monitoring, measuring, and addressing build issues, and keeping pipelines running successfully.
- Work with the development, quality, and operations engineers to establish continuous deployment plans. Implement those tasks that are owned by the Release Engineering team.
- Evaluate new tools and infrastructures to improve efficiency of the release engineering pipelines. Update pipelines to use latest technologies. Enhance automated build pipelines to integrate new tooling into the system. This includes enhancing build make files, executing the new tools, and producing reports in the automated Jenkins based system.
- Enhance and maintain the common build infrastructure, including the Jenkins build system, which support all team projects
- Build tools to automate steps in the automated pipeline
- Provide build/release training and consultative service for other engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 3+ years of industry Release Engineering experience, or MS CS with 2+ years experience
- Knowledge of software configuration management practices, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and release management methodologies, from pre-commit through packaging and deployment. Successful track record of building automated commit-to-package continuous integration pipelines using build management tools, such as Jenkins is preferred.
- Working experience with at least one source control system, svn and git preferred. Strong skills analyzing and maintaining Gnu make and/or maven files.
- Experience supporting the day-to-day development, quality, and operations engineering activities associated with creating and maintaining fully automated Release Engineering pipelines
- Proficient in Unix, Linux operating systems. Experience with scripting, preferably Perl, Shell, or Python
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills. Self-starter with ability to work independently, but also as a strong team player. Ability to drive the problem resolution process from start to finish.
How to contact
E-mail us your updated CV in MS Word format stating the job title to email@example.com