A fast growing professional organisation is looking for Software Developers on financial service platforms. The organisation is directly contributing to client retention and supporting existing client relationships for multiple products in Canada and the U.S. If you are someone with a high desire and aim to make an impact and difference. Then we have a job for you
Position: Sr. Solution Architect
- You should have more than 12 years of experience across multiple IT disciplines
- You should have worked in a heterogeneous technology environment
- You should have hand on experience with heavy use of vendor products.
- You should have good knowledge of technical architecture & application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- You should have expertise in J2EE, SOA and REST is must have.
- Having Cloud integration knowledge is advantage.
Role and responsibility
The Solutions Architecture will play a leadership role in the following:
- You will have accountability across the entire architecture domain including application, middleware, services, data, and infrastructure architecture.
- You will have to do liaising with other architecture groups / disciplines including infrastructure architecture, data architecture to deliver complete architecture solutions for clients.
- You will have to design and lead the implementation of a Solution Architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- You will have to counsel at a senior level to ensure technology teams and business areas understand the architectural options and technology choices in support of their business initiatives.
You will have to review/provide direction in the formation of development specifications, technical requirements, and system performance objectives and identify system modifications required to meet objectives.
You will have to Understand, advocate and augment the principles of Enterprise and Corporate strategies and work collaboratively with Enterprise Architecture, other CSTS Architecture leads, and other LOB Architecture teams to identify synergies and reuse opportunities across Corporate Segments and TDBG.
You will have to Support the development, documentation, communication and execution of a comprehensive strategy, policies and solutions.
What we expect from Sr. Solution Architect
- Technical leadership, judgment, and critical thinking
- Are we doing the right things?
- Do we hold to the absolutes where necessary and exercise flexibility where appropriate?
- Will they be able to tell the business they’re asking for the wrong things?
- What is the “big picture” and how do we get there?
Technology ‘business’ leadership
As a key member of CSTS project leadership teams engaged in major architecture and design decisions.
General knowledge of corporate areas: (Including the following)
Risk, Security, Finance, Audit, HR, Compliance, Legal, Risk Management, Marketing, Trade Finance, Treasury, Communication and Public Affairs, Corporate Real Estate Operations, Ombudsman, Strategic Sourcing, Intranet, Information Management, Data Warehousing, etc.
- Enterprise design patterns, multi-platform architectures, enterprise customer data management, enterprise architecture governance, integration needs and constraints, multiple delivery models
- Ability to translate business concepts and strategy to technology imperatives and designs; Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks (TOGAF);
- Experience and proven track record in delivering enterprise class solutions
- High-availability, reliability, operability, failover, disaster recovery, capacity/performance management; Understands value drivers; Understands delivery approaches; Experience in architecting and delivering of solutions that consider operations / availability
- Customer identity and data management, operational data stores, data warehouses/mart, data distribution, data modeling, XML; Understands delivery approaches; Experience using (one or more of) SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, IMS; Experience in architecting data solutions
- Vendor solutions, schedulers, messaging, queuing, transaction management, EIA tools; Understands value drivers; Understands delivery approaches; Experience in architecting and delivering of solutions that consider operations / availability
- Functional modeling, business services, process flows and metrics; Understand key value drivers and role in enterprise architecture
- Platforms / Networking: operating systems, partitioning, virtualization, high-availability, platform management, network management; Experience in architecting and delivering of solutions on enterprise or multi-platform environments
- Experience with cloud solutions, Infrastucture as a service (IAAS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a service (SaaS)
- Service Oriented Architecture experience is an asset: services architecture, service registry/catalog, ESB/middleware, patterns (pub/sub, scatter/gather); Understands key value drivers; Understands delivery approaches; Experience in architecting and delivering this type of solution
No of position:1 Location of Job: Canada Term of job: full time
How to contact
E-mail us your updated CV in MS Word format stating the job title to email@example.com