Job Title: Telecom Engineer/Voice Engineer (Telecom Engineering Advisor)
Location: Quincy MA 21690
Duration: 3 to 6 months contract (with possibility of extension)
- The ideal candidates must have a full understanding of Avaya PBX and adjunct System Administration.
- The position requires detailed knowledge of telecommunications and with a significant focus on Contact Centers.
- Experience with VOIP, Voice XML Technologies, Multi Channel Contact Center Applications, Workforce Management and Call Recording technologies is required.
- Candidate will be a member of a cross functional team interacting with functional call center leaders, telecom engineers and management during all phases of the project from vendor selection through design and implementation.
- Additionally, the successful candidate may be asked to perform advanced support of a call center environment.
- This position requires in-depth knowledge of Avaya TDM/IP voice switch and related peripherals.
- The role includes support and resolution of all voice/telephony problems, working with clients on telephony/voice related moves, adds, changes, coordinating scheduled outages when required, complex vector programming and VDN changes, and proactively implementing and supporting preventative maintenance procedures.
- Candidate will primarily interact with functional call center leaders, telecom engineers and management.
- May require travel outside immediate area (NH, ME, CT). Travel costs are reimbursed
- Associate Degree in Information Systems or Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in a telecommunications environment, including, but not limited to, telecom system administration, infrastructure planning, design, implementation and maintenance
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Avaya TDM/IP voice switch and related peripherals
- 7 years working experience in a call center environment.
- Advanced call center programming experience; advanced work with VDNs, complex vectors and skill based routing
- Working experience with system administration experience on Avaya Communication Manager, Avaya CMS, Avaya WFO/WFM, Avaya Messaging
- Fundamental knowledge of Carrier Networks for trunking design and implementation, Avaya Voice Portal, and AES systems.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve problems with the configuration and operation of telephones and other telephony applications
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer support operations related to setup and management of telephone configurations in Avaya Communication Manager and associated call center technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Administer multiple Avaya Telecom systems
- Perform troubleshooting on telephony related issues including Call Monitoring, Call Recording, PBX, Voice Mail, IVR.
- Perform configuration changes based on customer requirements and project related tasks.
- US Citizenship required